- 375 gm Butter
- ¾ liter
10 gm salt
30 gm Sugar
½ Grated nutmeg<!
- 375 gm AP
- 12 Eggs
1. In a pot bring water, butter, salt and sugar into a boil
2. Add the flour and using a wooden spatula, mix well.
3. Keep cooking on low heat, stirring well for about 1 min or so.
Pour the mix into a bowl (or Kitchenaid) and start adding the eggs one by one
5. Homogenize the mix until it becomes
very smooth and almost runny.
6. Fill a pastry bag with a 1/3”
diameter piping tip, of this mix, start dressing the pate a choux on a baking sheet (directly if non stick or on parchment
Break one egg into a glass with a pinch of salt; mix well with a fork.
Using a brush, lightly glaze each choux of this egg wash
Then by using the same fork, mark the top of each choux.
Preheat the oven to 300ºF.
11. As soon as you close the oven behind the choux select
your oven at 275ºF and let bake for about 30 min.12. Very important
not open the oven until the choux rise and turn into golden color; otherwise they would collapse.