- 400 gm 10 X Confectioners sugar
- 9 lemon zest
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup lowfat yogurt
- 1 tsp good vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ pint fresh squeezed lemon juice
Mix butter and sugar in pot over medium heat. Beat continuously with wire whisk until butter and sugar are well combined.
2. At this moment, add the zest of the grated lemon in order to express as much flavor
4. It is not supposed to darken
in color than butter.
Remove from the heat, add eggs beating them in thoroughly.
5. Cook this over medium heat 2 or 3 min while whisking rapidly to avoid scrambling eggs.
6. This will provide a light yellow liquid, thinner than before.
7 Add yogurt, lemon juice and mix well; finally mix in vanilla.
8. Pour it into a non-reactive container (plastic bowl) to cool for 10 mn or until just warm, whisking
9. It is better used the next
day or after a 6 hour refrigeration
Divide the mix into glass baking pans and bake at 250F for as long as it is to the mix to set
11. Let cool outside for an hour or two ,then in kitchenaid mixer,
beat the curd until completely smooth.
Divide in plastic containers, sealed and keep refrigerated until needed.