1. Mix flours butter and sugar with fingers until it is the consistency of fine crumbs.
Add the egg and mix it energetically with hands.
3. When well mix, kneed firmly until dough is fine, smooth and somehow
4. Shape into a ball, wrap in cellophane and refrigerate until quite chilled and firm
about an hour.
5. Shape into flattened ball, onto a lightly floured board.
Begin rolling with firm even strokes; turn dough over; roll a little more; keep rolling from center t edge until you obtain
1/8 inch thick and about 12 “ in diameter.
7. If necessary, sprinkle and spread a little flour
on dough, roller and board to prevent sticking.
8. Place an 8-½ X ¾ “ ring
form on baking sheet.
9. While holding rolling pin over the dough,
Lift one edge of the dough and fold over the pin; then pick the dough up by lifting the pin.
dough over the ring form allowing 1 ½ “ of dough to extend beyond the edge all around.
Carefully press dough against sides and bottom of form.
13. At the same time, forming a
¼ “ lip of dough around the rim that leans in toward the center.
14.Then by pressing
down on the rim with the heel of your hand, you can trim the excess of dough off the outside; save this dough.
Then straighten the lip of dough vertically above the ring.
16. Now flute the lip by gently
pressing a finger on one hand from inside against the notch formed by holding the tips of the thumb and forefinger of the
other hand against the outside all around.
17. Place unbaked pastry shell in the freezer for
about 30 mn until firm & hard.
18.Then line the pastry shell with aluminum foil folding down around the