1. Mix flours butter and sugar with fingers
until it is the consistency of fine crumbs.
2. Add the egg and mix it energetically with hands.
3. When well mix, kneed firmly until
dough is fine, smooth and somehow elastic.
4. Shape into a ball, wrap in cellophane and refrigerate until quite chilled
and firm about an hour.
5. Shape into flattened ball, onto a lightly floured board.
6. Begin rolling
with firm even strokes; turn dough over; roll a little more; keep rolling from center t edge until you obtain 1/8 inch thick
and about 12 “ in diameter.
7. If necessary, sprinkle and spread a little flour on dough, roller and
board to prevent sticking.
8. Place an 8-½ X ¾ “ ring form on baking sheet.
holding rolling pin over the dough,
10. Lift one edge of the dough and fold over the pin; then pick the dough
up by lifting the pin.
11. Unroll dough over the ring form allowing 1 ½ “ of dough to extend
beyond the edge all around.
12. Carefully press dough against sides and bottom of form.
13. At the same
time, forming a ¼ “ lip of dough around the rim that leans in toward the center.
14.Then by pressing
down on the rim with the heel of your hand, you can trim the excess of dough off the outside; save this dough.
Then straighten the lip of dough vertically above the ring.
16. Now flute the lip by gently pressing a finger
on one hand from inside against the notch formed by holding the tips of the thumb and forefinger of the other hand against
the outside all around.
17. Place unbaked pastry shell in the freezer for about 30 mn until firm & hard.
line the pastry shell with aluminum foil folding down around the edge