VANILLA ICE CREAM
-1 quart Milk
- 1 ½ quarts ½ & ½
- 2 vanilla beans
- 100 gm light corn syrup
- 200 gm sugar
400 gm (20) egg yolks
- 4 gm Ice cream stabilizer (agar agar)
can (400 gm) sweet condensed milk
- Combine milk/Half & half/corn syrup to a boil infusing the vanilla bean
- Mix ½
of sugar and stabilizer and add it to the boiling liquid
- Wait for the boil again.
- Combine yolks and remaining sugar, whisk well and proceed like the making of a creme
anglaise with the boiling liquid.
Turn of the flame and add the condensed milk.
- Cool in iced water bath right away.
- When cooled store in refrigerator over night before spinning in ice cream maker.