- Make a caramel with corn syrup and sugar.
- When the caramel reaches light golden color, add the vanilla bean,
the cherry puree and let reduce almost half .
- Thicken the sauce with the solution corn starch /Amaretto Brandy.
- Add the defrosted
cherries, bring back to the boil.
- If the compote needs more Amaretto flavor, add some of it and bring back to the boil.
- Dispense in quart
container, when still hot and seal with a piece of plastic wrap and then the lid.
- Keep refrigerated for storage.
- The compote will
be served lukewarm with the cheese cake